Trust is such an important component to not only developing your intuition, but for living life in general. It's so important to trust ourselves, the world around us, our loved ones, and life. It's important to learn how to trust because it frees us up to live life to its fullest and most complete and most joyous. When we're operating from a place of distrust we're more suspicious, we're more fearful and we're actually losing life.
The following are a few mantras to help you nurture a more trusting nature. I strongly believe than when you operate from a trusting spirit you trust yourself and your own judgments and really do live a happier, more loving and joy-filled life. I invite you to remember the following mantra (print it out and stick it on your bathroom mirror, post it in your car, at your desk, wherever is necessary for you to remember it).
I trust the World.
I trust Myself.
I trust Life.
I simply Trust...
Intuition is such a wonderful gift that Divine Consciousness has bestowed to everyone. It's a special gift that gives you the opportunity and the ability to tune into the energy of the world to understand it. Because it's outside of the five primary senses many of have to sit in meditation or silence to listen to the whispers of their heart. Many remember having easy access to their intuition as a child and then something, somewhere along their development happened when they either shut it down, or simply forgot to stay in touch with it. You were born with this gift and you still have it in you. The spiritual gifts that you were born with cannot ever be taken away from you. You just may have to be a bit more proactive about reconnecting with them now. In order to access it "at will" you'll have to practice connecting with them and using them. This will allow you to access them whenever you want.
To begin working with your "clair" abilities - whether it's hearing, seeing, knowing or sensing the intuitive information that you seek you'll want to practice. Some techniques for strengthening your intuition are:
1. Write down a question you have.
2. Find a quiet place to just BE, either inside or outside.
3. Listen to some relaxing music as sound therapy helps your physical body relax.
4. Close your eyes.
5. Focus on your crown chakra (your divine connection). One way to open your crown chakra is to imagine a large golden sphere about 3 feet above the top of your head. This sphere connects to the Divine Consciousness of Love and God.
6. Next, focus on your base chakra, or first chakra, imagining roots coming from your base chakra and out the bottoms of your feet that connect with the center of the Earth.
7. Connecting with Spirit through your crown chakra and connecting with the Earth with your base chakra will help you remain simultaneously connected with the Spirit realm and the Earth realm keeping you in balance and harmony with both. In order to practice your intuitive skills you have to be balanced - grounded on this plane, and connected with the spirit realm.
8. After you feel completely connected to both the spirit realm and Earth sit in silence for at least 15 minutes. During this process your mind is going to race and you will become distracted, especially if you're not used to practicing centering yourself: you'll think about all of the things you seemingly "have" to do. But, seriously, what better priority do you have than to strengthen your own connection with yourself and the Divinity of the world around you, and your own intuition?
9. Next, ask your question....wait....and see what answer you receive. Spirit communicates in symbolic language that only you understand. Spirit speaks YOUR language. So if you're a musician, you'll receive songs; if you're visual you'll receive pictures; if you're literal you'll receive words. Spirit loves using symbols because symbols communicate so much more than just words. Watch for a symbol - it can be anything - animals, plants, people, celebrities, shapes, etc. Communicating with Spirit is limitless.
If you think you'll forget what you see, hear, or experience, then keep a pencil and paper handy so you can jot down any intuitive messages or symbols you receive. While still remaining in "silent mode," and after receiving your message, keep your eyes closed for a few more minutes. This will help you become accustomed to the vibration of the energy you've just connected with so that you'll remember what it feels like the next time. Finally, open your eyes. Look around you, take a deep connecting breath and move forward with your day or evening.
During meditation a few years ago, spirit shared with me the term "Intuitive Muscle" to simplify the explanation of why intuition is important and how you can strengthen it. Since then the term Intuitive Muscle is referred to by many intuitives (which is how the divine wisdom of spirit works - remember information from spirit is for all of us). This term takes out the esoteric "out there" definition of intuition and makes it more concrete and accessible. Since everyone understands muscle building when it comes to their biceps, legs, stomach, etc. the concept of intuition muscle building is similar. Intuition muscle building requires the same interest and discipline that every other muscle in your body requires. EVERYONE has this ability, all you need to do is start practicing and use it.
One of the best ways to strengthen your Intuitive Muscle is to take quiet or meditative walks for about fifteen minutes a day. During your walking meditation look around you: look at the trees, listen to the birds, look at the sky...simply look at the world around you. This will help you get into the flow of nature and the Natural Order of Life. As you practice walking meditation ask Divine Consciousness a question and explore listening for an answer with your intuition. this will help you build and strengthen your Intuitive Muscle. As you observe your surroundings during your walking meditation you'll find that when you least expect it, you'll be given an answer from the Universe. The answer will most likely be simple and without a lot of fanfare. When this happens trust what you receive, I think you'll find it's the answer you've been waiting for.
Another way to develop your Intuitive Muscle is ask Divine Consciousness a question as you begin your day. Then forget you asked the question. Go about your day listening to music, washing the dishes, running errands, and just taking care of what you need to take care of for the day. As you go about your day you'll notice that the answer to your question will suddenly "pop" into your head. This is often times called an "AH-HA" moment. The answer will pertain to your earlier question and you'll find yourself wondering where the answer came from. It came from your intuition! The Spirit realm.
There are so many ways to strengthen your Intuitive Muscle. Whichever method you choose the best advice is to work out your Intuitive Muscle is to use it every day..YES, every day. Don't judge or try to control the information that you'll be receiving with your intuition, just clear your mind and see what comes. It's really simple once you get the hang of it. I promise.